Normally I would not think of myself as an exception to a rule. But I beg to differ in this case: The other week I discovered that I could purchase a weekly summer pass to the student gym, although I am not currently enrolled in summer classes. So I, feeling as if this was God throwing it in my face that couch surfing is not a form of exercise, decide I will be purchasing these weekly passes when I am in town. Let me just give you a run down of my exercise habits...previous to this week, I have worked out a total of 5 times since January. And during those 5 times, you could find me panting like a dog on a treadmill at speed 5.0 wishing I had my inhaler because I'm pretty sure those 5 minutes just spent running caused my lungs to collapse. Needless to say, I have never been one of those girls that was born to run. (I got a B in gym Freshman year of high school, how that is possible I don't even know) What I'm trying to get at is that it's a pretty big deal if I actually spend my own money to be able to workout. So there I am at the rec my first day and I obediently pay the meter for 45 minutes. I treadmill it, elliptical, crunches, etc. and get so into it that I realize I have been in there for 50 minutes. I then frantically grab my things and run out to my car only to find a flipping parking ticket. Ladies and gentlemen, am I really getting fined for wanting to never have to shop at Fashions at Large!? For being 5 minutes late!? This is what I have to say:
Dear Parking Department,
Get off your fat butts and workout. I hope you don't think walking from car to car cuts it. Take it from a girl with chronic Asthma. Think twice when you see my sweet little red Neon with crank windows in the lot.
Fondly, Lindsay
July 8, 2009
Cut me some slack, man
Posted by Lindsay at 10:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so funny-thats what you get for trying to be all in shape. this is a reason i will continue to find other ways to "work out" i think the stairs up to my room are good enough.
LOVE YOU..and you are just jealous of my newscast
baha. you are funny my little muffin...i smiled at that post more than once... i concur with your words to the parking department. although i will NEVER forgive the PPA-- philadelphia parking AUTHORITY (MY A!!)-- for issuing a newcomer to the city more than $115 in fines within my first two weeks of being here. straight up gayyy.let's be pissed together and drink mojitos and margs. ok great. how bout in 2 weeks. ok sounds good.
looove you!
Post a Comment