September 3, 2009

Life, You're Funny

You want to know something funny, possibly hilarious? Well, it's more of a situation where you're maniacally laughing because it's the only other thing you can do to not fall into a ridiculous heap of pathetic self and sob.

Everything in my life right now has a question mark next to it and I am the world's HUGEST planner. Seriously. I don't know if I will pass the GRE next week, what grad school I will go to, if I will even get into one, how I will find a place to live when grad schools don't even accept you until March or April, what state I will be living in a year from now, my relationship(s), nothing. And this is all hilariously funny because all I can do is let go. Everything is so ridiculously ambiguous that I cannot even TRY to pretend like I can figure it out or do anything about it. I have been praying for ways to learn how to give over control of my life and I didn't even realize this prayer was underway until I sat back and looked. God is just the greatest and He knows way more about what's good for me than I do. So there you go, self, this is all typed up so that you can remind yourself of it when you start to fall apart again.

On a brighter note, I got to observe Traumatic Brain Injury clients work on their social skills today...quite interesting indeed. It's nice to finally feel like you're learning things related to what you'll actually be doing. Props "Intro to Speech Pathology" for not wasting my time!

Ok enough procrastination. Time to study.

0 comments: