Oh, sweet sweet summertime. How I love you.
Except for the fact that you have left me all by my lonesome, and forced me to learn how to become Nancy Homemaker. Just to give you a little glimpse of how clueless I am: last week I learned how to run the dishwasher and cook things in a skillet. This makes me sound ridiculously stuck up, but it's really just that I have lived in the dorms/sorority house/my parents' house for my entire life and none of those required either of the sort. I actually wish my mom would have showed me the ropes a little sooner so I could be Betty Crocker by now.
Don't even get me started on grocery store outings. I am like a lost puppy. I don't even fricken know how to properly purchase chicken breasts. Each aisle consists of me redialing my mom and asking her what she usually buys and how you store each type of food. I've decided this summer that I'm either going to have to hit up Wal-Mart for some elastic wasit pants because I will eat out too much due to the above lack of knowledge, or I'm going to get some rare food-borne illness due to inappropriate storing, cooking time, etc. Sweet.
Other than my malnourishment, apartment life is pretty sweet. My own washer and dryer, full kitchen, tv with dvr, 2 amazing roomies...way fun. I've been lucky enough to have some free time before my job starts tomorrow. I've already realized that I love alone time almost as much as I love being social. I love getting to do whatever I want to do, crank the music up, you name it. But I also love that I get to actually be with friends this summer. I have been so used to going home where I no longer know anyone and having to hear about my friends summer adventures secondhand. Community is so great. I'm sure I will learn a lot about myself this summer and I'm pretty excited about it. Well, I'm off to fold some laundry.
Much love.
May 27, 2009
The Next Betty Crocker
Posted by Lindsay at 2:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
dude i can teach you the ways of the kitchen, because today i went and got my textbook for class this summer, and it happens to be called professional cooking so i will learn all and tell you.
Post a Comment