January 3, 2010

New Year. New Beginning.

Hello 2010. I'm back.

So I took a little hiatus from the blogging world...just wasn't feeling it, you know. A lot of things have happened both good and not so good, but that doesn't really matter. Life is good. I feel like I'm starting to figure out more of where I want to head/where God wants me to head (and trying to make those two align!) That being said, I'm making 2010 the best yet. It's going to be a year of immense change and discomfort I'm sure, so it's a good thing that I'm never doing it alone. Grad school apps are for the most part done, so now it's basically a waiting game until March/April. Where will I end up? Who the heck knows, but that's the beauty of it! In lieu of explaining the past 3 months of my life, I'm leaving you with my new year's resolutions (mainly to keep myself accountable):

-Complete my new devotional
I'm always constantly telling myself that I need to read the Bible more because I'm so uneducated in that area and it often leaves me defenseless in religious conversations. So I bought the One Year Inspirational Mini Devotional at Barnes and Noble and got the ball rolling...it's amazing how much happier I am when I'm constantly in the Word.
-Relax
About everything. Where I will be, who I will be with, when I will be there, etc etc. When things start changing I often find myself trying to control as much of my life as I can and I need to just chill. I'm always going to be a planner and whatnot, but there is more of a balance. "Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry..."
-Exercise
Hah, lets just say it's been awhile. Luckily I'm taking a spinning class this semester, which will force me to workout at least twice a week.

I'm sure I will think of more, but this is what I got so far. I wanted to leave you with this amazing description from a great book. It just makes my heart happy!

"There is something beautiful about a billion stars held steady by a God who knows what He is doing. (They hang there, the stars, like notes on a page of music, free-form verse, silent mysteries swirling in the blue like jazz.) And as I lay there, it occurred to me that God is up there somewhere. Of course, I had always known He was, but this time I felt it, I realized it, the way a person realizes they are hungry or thirsty. The knowledge of God seeped out of my brain and into my heart. I imagined Him looking down on this earth, half angry because His beloved mankind had cheated on Him, had committed adultery, and yet hopelessly in love with her, drunk with love for her."
-Donald Miller "Blue Like Jazz"

0 comments: