January 24, 2010

Stop this Train

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I. can. do. it.

This is what I have to keep repeating to myself, or else I drown in anxiety. I knew this semester was going to be challenging, having my own speech clients and all, but I just thought that I would feel more prepared. I literally walked into my first clinic team meeting and had 4 client files the size of Enrique Iglesias' mole thrown at me. What? You want me to look at people's medical history and decide the best possible treatments? I don't even have a degree yet! It baffles me, but I am thankful for the experience all the same. I promise my blog posts won't all revolve around my countless struggles as a clinician...I just needed to get that out. Oh yeah, and I just painted my nails navy blue because I was feeling adventurous. Some may say that would interfere with the professional look I need right now...I just like to think I'm trendy.

In other news, my life is just great. I'm really learning to be thankful each and every day and it's truly amazing seeing how God takes care of you...especially when you really need it. He provides peppermint mochas from starbucks when you need a caffeine boost and John Mayer when you need to relax. (ok, I just like these things, but whatev) I happened to be listening to Continuum the other day and I just LOVE these lyrics:

So scared of getting older
I'm only good at being young
So I play the numbers game to find away to say that life has just begun
Had a talk with my old man
Said help me understand
He said turn 68, you'll renegotiate
Don't stop this train
Don't for a minute change the place you're in
Don't think I couldn't ever understand
I tried my hand
John, honestly we'll never stop this train

See once in a while when it's good
It'll feel like it should
And they're all still around
And you're still safe and sound
And you don't miss a thing
'til you cry when you're driving away in the dark.

Singing stop this train I want to get off and go home again
I can't take this speed it's moving in
I know I can't
Cause now I see I'll never stop this train

0 comments: